Applying for a Consular I.D.
The main responsibility of the Consulate General of Belize in New York is to provide assistance, protection and other services to Belizean Nationals living abroad.
The Consulate of Belize in New York is now issuing identification cards. The Consular Identification Card, was created as proof of Belizean nationality and domicile abroad.
Consular ID cards will only be issued after an in-debt process to confirm the identity and residence of the applicant.
Consular ID Cards have no bearing whatsoever on a person’s immigration status. The information contained in the ID is stored in a centralized database owned by the Government of Belize.
Please read carefully the requirements and instructions for applying for a Consular ID. All requirements must be presented at the time of application.
REQUIREMENTS FOR CONSULAR ID
(Please note that incomplete applications will not be accepted)
- Completed and signed application form
- Original birth certificate or nationality certificate
- Valid government issued photo ID from Belize or USA (expired passport is accepted when applying for Consular ID ONLY)
- Proof of US address in the form of utility bill or lease/rent contract (if no utility bill or lease agreement for residence the person whose name is on utility bill or lease must provide a notarized declaration confirming that the applicant resides at address)
- Notarized “Certificate of Identity Form” (when requirements at no. 3 cannot be met)
- If applicant has a valid, unrestricted passport, applicant need only present said passport.
- Minors: (under 16 years) In addition to the above requirements: (I)Minors must be accompanied by their parent (II) Parent will need to present a valid photo ID
- Married Women: (I) Original marriage certificate/license; (ii)Original Divorce Degree (if applicable)
- Fee USD $75.00 – Money Orders only
By APPOINMENT ONLY.
Appointments to obtain a Consular ID can be made online or by calling our office between the hours of 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Monday to Thursday.
|Consular ID Application Form||Certificate of Identity|
Acceptance of these cards at U.S. offices and other institutions are completely dependent on said offices and institutions.