Countries Not requiring Visas to Belize – click here to read
This procedure, also known as entry permits, is governed by section 9 of the Immigration Act and section 12 of the Subsidiary Laws Chapter 156 Laws of Belize RE 2003and Section 26 (A) of the Immigration Amendment Act 2014
- Every person entering Belize as a visitor is required to have visas issued by a diplomatic or consular officer of Belize or where Belize is not so represented by a diplomatic or consular officer of the country that acts on behalf of Belize in the country of issue except:
- (i) Citizens of Commonwealth countries;
- (ii) Nationals of countries with which Belize has concluded visa abolition agreement;
- (iii) Citizens of the United States of America entering Belize for a period not exceeding six months;
- (iv) Persons who are passengers on tourist vessels and who intend to remain in Belize only during the stay of the vessel by which they arrived and to depart by the same;
- (v) In transit passengers provided that such passengers do not intend to remain in Belize for more than seven days and in possession of a ticket and of such valid documents as will permit them to enter the country of their destination and nationals of the European Union;
- (vi) Holders of US Legal Permanent Residence/Valid Multiple Visas and Schengen Visas do not require Visa for Belize if visiting for a period of less than 30 days.
Belize Visa Requirements
Requirements and process of application:
- All visa applications shall first be reviewed and approved by the Visa Vetting Committee.
- Presentation of application form by sponsor/family member of applicant if already in Belize. Family member refers to mother/father, daughter/son, wife/husband, or sister/brother.
- Application form is to be accompanied by supporting documents that include bank statements, bio data page of passports, proof of ability to maintain self, and any other document that may support the application.
- Application form is vetted and documents inspected as to their authenticity.
- Sponsor/family member or applicant is interviewed as to purpose of visit, intended length of stay, intended address, and relationship; this is done with a view to determine that the application is genuine.
- Denial or approval is granted by the Visa Vetting Committee
Applying for Nationality by Descent
Please read carefully the instructions for applying for Nationality by Descent.
Please be aware that the Consulate General of Belize in New York will only accept completed application forms.
ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED ARE TO BE IN ENGLISH. IF DOCUMENTS ARE NOT, THEN A TRANSLATION OF THE SAID DOCUMENT MUST BE DONE AND BE NOTORIZED